Recently BBC Media Action published a Job Circular. Bangladesh Citizen can be applied to this Job Circular. So if you built your career BBC Media Action can apply for this job. We will be given this Jobs all updated information here. Recently Dhaka, Chittagong, Mymensingh, Rangpur, Sylhet,Rajshahi, Khulna and Barishal Devision All Department Job Circular publish.
You know published all jobs circular. As a result, BBC Media Action Circular published now. Those Who wants to join this requirement can be applied by this circular. We also will be published all information of this job. We also will be published BBC Media Action Job and more Got and non-govt job circular in Bangladesh.
Published on: 25 April, 2020
Application Deadline: 9 May 2020
BBC Media Action uses of media and communications to tackle poverty and contribute to long-term change in some of the world’s poorest places. We do this through partnering with civil society, media and others to produce creative programmes and other outputs which inform and engage audiences on key governance, health and resilience development issues. We also strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
BBC Media Action in Bangladesh uses media and communications to improve family health, respond to emergencies, and help people improve their economic security and preparedness for disaster. We are recruiting a Country Director to lead the team and grow the portfolio of work in the country.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Reporting to the Regional Director, Asia (based in London).
- Provide dynamic, inspirational leadership and management to project, production, research and finance/administration teams.
- Provide sound management and editorial leadership to the country team, ensuring outputs adhere to the BBC editorial standards and ensuring compliance with BBC Media Action’s policies.
- Identify and bring in new business in line with the agreed strategic directions in Bangladesh.
- Develop and manage effective relationships with funding agencies, stakeholders and partners, including development of new funding opportunities.
- Manage and develop a diverse team, ensuring that staff are appropriately inducted, trained and developed, and performance is appropriately managed.
- Represent and be accountable for the organisation and ensure its work in the country is relevant and appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are delivered within agreed standards, timescales and budgets.
- Ensure effective office management so that finance and administrative functions are carried out in line with BBC guidelines and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the security, health and safety of staff are prioritised, that training and support are adequate and BBC security and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure the effective and consistent implementation of safeguarding procedures in country offices.
Full time, fixed-term contract
Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field (international development, humanitarian, broadcasting or communications, or other relevant subject).
- At least 5 years’ senior leadership and management experience in the development or media sectors, preferably both.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to international development, including the use of media for developmental goals.
- Substantial experience in the management of diverse teams of staff, including recruitment, management, discipline and professional development.
- Record of developing and securing new business, including the ability to develop new project ideas and present these persuasively to potential partners and funders, and write successful proposals.
- A record of forming effective relationships with a range of local and international partners, including at the highest levels of government and media, managing effective teamwork between partners and stakeholders, including those with differing agendas.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects to deadlines and within budget, with good record of donor liaison and reporting.
- Experience of managing large budgets, demonstrating effective use of resources, understanding of compliance and reporting requirements of funders, and oversight of complex budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of communication, community engagement and accountability in humanitarian settings. (Desirable)
- Demonstrable understanding of, and preferably experience in, media with the potential to acquire strong editorial skills in order to make complex editorial judgements at a senior level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience working with diverse range of colleagues.
- Dynamism, proactivity, personal resilience and demonstrable ability to adapt to changing and uncertain circumstances.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience of living and working in Asia, preferably Bangladesh. (Desirable)
Dhaka with frequent local and international travel.
Salary & Other Benefits
Negotiable, and other benefits as per BBC Media Action policies.
Jobs Source: online
Interested applicants should carefully complete the BBC Media Action job application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position in the subject field.
BBC Media Action