- Working with the Artemia4Bangladesh project team, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will join the efforts to design the interventions and implement M&E activities to establish and disseminate integrated salt, Artemia and Aquaculture to increase food and nutrition security of salt farmers.
- Eligibility, Location and Duration: This position will be based at WorldFish`s Office in Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence on May 2020 for an initial three (3) years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
- Design M&E activities to enhance socio economic improvement of project beneficiaries.
- Maintain integrity of M&E databases and all documentation.
- Prepare M&E reports of the project and share and update to MEL platform of WorldFish.
- Lead the survey and monitoring programs; develop, test and utilize M&E relevant formats, database for information gathering, sharing and utilization.
- Present M&E data and findings to the project team during project/WorldFish meetings in Dhaka and Cox`s Bazar.
- Liaise with project team members to ensure that results of performance monitoring are integrated into training and extension, message development and reporting on project accomplishments and lessons learned.
- Support the Team Leader and socio-economist in oversight and supervision of field staff inputs, in the monitoring of the results framework and in the development of annual work plan of the project.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of M&E performance, plan to track effectively all the project activities, outcomes, and results. This includes supporting the development of indicators (quantitative and qualitative), as well as processes and tools to measure them.Work in close collaboration with the Research Assistants and Junior Research Assistants.
- Advise project/research staffs on the use of M&E tools and database and on issues of data quality, as well as compliance on M&E standards and processes integrated in the project design.
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years working experience in M&E, excellent data analyses skills, producing tables/graphs with interpretation.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla, ability to make presentations, writing reports and scientific publications.
- Strong skills in essential computer software/packages of Microsoft office, statistical software and GIS.
- Ability and willingness to travel in remote areas using motor cycle with valid driving license.
- Experience with web based data management system and in aquaculture/ agriculture related projects.
- Cox’s Bazar
- This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging between BDT 745,925- BDT 864,732 per annum.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Apply through following options
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online Apply Here Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 5, 2020